Monday, January 13, 2014

Today's Style Trends: How To Wear Trends To School

All the time we get asked how to incorporate runway trends into a school appropriate outfit. Well, have no fear! We're here to help! It can be extremely difficult for those of you who have to worry about a strict dress code. The objective is to keep it relatively trendy and comfortable! You don't want to feel uncomfortable, especially if you need to run around to different classes! Here are some looks that are trendy and casual/appropriate for school! 


The first outfit uses the trends boyfriend jeans and floral! It's casual enough that you'll still be able to move freely and look adorable! The second outfit incorporates the monochrome trend. It's such a chic look, and the high-waisted jeans will add in another trend! The third outfit is super laid back, but adding flats such as those Charlotte Olympia ones definitely make it super trendy! Quilted sweatshirts are also on trend right now, so that's also a bonus! Who doesn't love sweatshirts? The second to last outfit has a sweatshirt that is immensely popular in the fashion community! Kenzo sweatshirts are on trend, so if you pair it with high-waisted jeans you're good to go! The last one is personally something I (Lexy) would wear to school on a daily basis! Cut-out boots are on trend right now, and those Balenciaga ones could make any outfit amazing. The silky blouse from Band of Outsiders helps the outfit look very sophisticated!

~

I (Nina) tend to get a little more dressed up for school. It makes getting up in the morning so much more fun and easy, especially when I lay my clothes out for the night. Here are some outfits that inspire me when I pick out my outfits.



The first outfit showcases one of my favorite Zara sweaters. High neck tops and mini skirts (or in this case... a skort!) are such a go to for me. This second outfit is something that I would wear if it was raining. I love the combination of wellies and skirts, and the parka just adds that extra layer of comfort! The third outfit is one of my favorites. I love brogues and trench coats - it's so classic. I give it a bit of a twist with leather leggings though. The last two looks coincide with my favorite trend: jumpsuits! The first of the two brings out some color with the tartan shoes and purple romper, something that's needed to brighten up gloomy school days. The second of the two is one of my favorite color combos: black and navy. Although it is a darker color palette, the light grey coat breaks it up.

Hopefully these outfits inspired you!
Much love,
Lexy and Nina. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment